The selection process
Our selection criteria is typically based upon how the charity, organisation or activity fits with our sponsorship and company objectives as well as consideration to how well our employees and contractors would identify with supporting a sponsorship opportunity. As a company, we align ourselves with sponsorship opportunities that reinforce our key brand attributes of:
• Innovative and solutions-focused
• Reaching the whole of NZ
• Trustworthy, fast and reliable
• Customer and community focused
• Meeting the needs of our customers and providing information that adds value to their business
• Helping facilitate the growth of our customers businesses
Express Couriers is unlikely to consider proposals to sponsor individuals, or activities that are not of direct benefit to the greater New Zealand community.
Applying for sponsorship
All applications for sponsorship presented to Express Couriers should be submitted in writing 6 months prior to the commencement of the sponsorship activity.
All applications should be addressed to: Express Couriers Marketing, PO Box 949, Auckland.
Your application should include the following:
Full contact details for the organisation, and a contact person including: Postal, email and telephone numbers.
A description of the organisation or activity seeking sponsorship, including objectives, key dates, previous year’s successes, other sponsorship parties and their involvement.
Benefits for Express Couriers such as:
• How your organisation/activity relates to our sponsorship criteria
• Who you organisation/activity targets, and the size of this target group
• Expected media coverage, both paid and unpaid
• Any other benefits including: Hospitality, merchandising, displays, and media credits etc.
How you plan to evaluate the success of this activity.
What you are seeking from Express Couriers in terms of sponsorship, whether this be funds, product or service etc.
All sponsorships are seen as a partnership between Express Couriers and the sponsored organisation/activity. A sponsorship agreement covering responsibilities of both parties will be arranged, and the following documents drafted:
• A strategy plan for the sponsorship including objectives and measureables
• An annual or post event analysis
Further information requests can be directed to: